Six Month Smiles
The Benefits of Six Month Smiles®
- Quicker treatment - The biggest advantage of Six Month Smiles® is its short treatment time. Comprehensive orthodontic treatments, which straighten all of your teeth and affect the way they bite together, takes anywhere from twelve months to three years. The Six Month Smiles® system isn’t quicker because it’s moving your teeth faster; it’s quicker because it’s only straightening your front teeth.
- Discreet brackets – The Six Month Smiles® system uses clear brackets and tooth-colored wires, which blend inconspicuously with your teeth.
- Affordable treatment - The speed of the Six Month Smiles® treatment is usually reflected in its price; in most cases, it costs less than comprehensive orthodontic treatment.
The Six Month Smiles® Process
- If your dentist determines that you are a good candidate for Six Month Smiles®, he or she will take X-rays, make impressions, and then create an individualized plan to meet your specific goals.
- Your visible teeth are fitted with clear brackets and wire and adjusted accordingly.
- Typically, we need to make adjustments every four to five weeks. However, the frequency of your visits to our office will depend upon your specific needs.
- After around six months have passed and you are satisfied with the results, the brackets and wire are removed. Wearing a retainer will be necessary to make sure your new smile stays just the way you like it.
To find out if the Six Month Smiles® treatment system is your best orthodontic choice, contact your Kittery dentist today at 207-439-3390 to schedule a consultation.